In order to keep your jewelry to the best of care please take the following preventative measures:
- Keep Jewelry dry, remove before bathing or entering pools, jacuzzis, etc.
- Remove before sleeping to prevent any damage
- Remove before changing clothes
- Wear your silver. Silver usually will not tarnish when worn, since it is constantly being rubbed on your skin or clothes.
- Sterling Silver does tarnish over time due to exposure of moisture and sulfur in the air. Wipe with a polishing cloth to restore to it's original shine
- Place your silver jewelry in a jewelry box that is lined with anti-tarnish fabric. Most jewelry boxes contain this type of fabric to preserve jewelry, mostly silver, from tarnishing.
- Storing your jewelry in an airtight box or bag will slow the tarnishing process